CALIFORNIA STATE ASSEMBLY
ASSEMBLY JOB POSTINGS
Field Representative - West Covina, California
The Office of Assembymember Roger Hernández has an opening for 1 Field Representative in his West Covina District Office.
The ideal candidate must have strong writing and interpersonal communication skills, be a self-starter with good problem-solving skills, and have the ability to work on their own. Bi-lingual a PLUS.
Responsibilities include representing Member to the public, handling casework, and planning events.
Interested individuals should submit a resume and cover letter to Primitivo.Castro@asm.ca.gov by (9/26/2014). Please no phone calls or office visits.
Capitol Communications Specialist - New Term Limit Model Democratic Assemblymember
35 hours per week or as needed.
Negotiable and subject to Assembly Rules approval.
Create and maintain positive relationships between both press outlets and engaged constituencies using media outlets, public events, and digital/social media.
Member of the Assembly in a Leadership Position & Member’s Chief of Staff and/or District Director.
- In consultation with the Member and the Chief of Staff and others as directed, produces communication materials including press releases, postal mail, electronic mail, monthly e-newsletters, columns, Tele or internet-town halls, social media posts, and photographs.
- Schedules and assists in press conferences and interviews for the Member
- Organizes or assists at events at which the Member can meet with the public to increase public awareness or knowledge of the services of the member and office or recent developments and votes.
- In consultation with the Member and the Chief of Staff and others as directed responds to inquiries from the press.
- Supervises production and distribution of weekly news summaries (aka. Clips)
- Ensures that the member is kept abreast of news stories and other developments of particular interest to the Member
- Proposes opportunities for greater public awareness and interaction
- Does other related work as assigned.
Knowledge of/Ability to:
- Communicate clearly and concisely.
- Marketing, Journalism, Business administration practices.
- Express and interpret the positions of a Member in a leadership role.
- Access implications of news stories and public statements on legislative priorities of the Member and the Assembly.
- Establish and maintain cooperative relationships with members, representatives of the press (print, television, radio, online), other legislative staff, Speaker’s Office of Member Services, and the general public.
- Access, input and retrieve and manipulate information from a computer.
For more information and to Apply:
Please respond firstname.lastname@example.org if interested.
Visit https://plus.google.com/107284089635882223363/posts#107284089635882223363/about for more information.
PRIVATE OR GOVERNMENT SECTOR ANNOUNCEMENTS
Periodically, the Assembly Rules Committee receives information about job opportunities in private and other government sectors. You may contact these entities directly for more information.
To apply for a position, send a cover letter, your resume, and references to the address listed in the announcement. We will update this listing as new job announcements are provided to us.
Program Associate - Santa Monica, California
The Children’s Partnership (TCP) is seeking a highly motivated professional to fill the new position of Program Associate. The Program Associate will assist in shaping and implementing strategies in TCP’s program areas related to improving children’s health and well-being, with an initial focus on dental health and increasing access to health care through telehealth.
Salary: Commensurate with experience. Excellent health, retirement, and other benefits. Some travel required.
• Provide in-depth research and policy analysis related to children’s health.
• Track federal developments related to children’s health.
• Write high-quality briefs, memos, letters, electronic postings, and other materials to educate decision makers and advance policy agendas.
• Represent TCP in select external workgroups, meetings, briefings, and other venues to promote TCP goals and strategies.
• As relevant, help shape community-based pilot projects to improve children’s health and test the use of telehealth to bring care to children.
• Manage and coordinate select workgroups and coalitions related to improving dental health and promoting wider adoption of telehealth for children.
• Assist with research, strategic planning, advocacy, and writing in support of TCP’s other programs, as needed.
• Coordinate with TCP’s communications, development, and administrative teams.
• Participate in various internal program team and staff meetings.
• Expertise in health policy and children’s health issues, knowledge of federal and state health policy preferred.
• Excellent writing and research skills
• Strong project management skills
• Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously, while paying a high level of attention to detail.
• Strong oral communication and public speaking skills
• Ability to accurately and concisely summarize complex information for a broad range of audiences
• Ability to work effectively in a team and independently.
• Experience using social media
• Knowledge of issues related to health information technology, a plus.
E-mail resume, cover letter summarizing interests and qualifications, and brief writing sample to
email@example.com. Please state “Program Associate” in the e-mail subject line. No phone calls, please.