CALIFORNIA STATE ASSEMBLY
ASSEMBLY JOB POSTINGS
Assembly Reprographics - Printing Trades Specialist
Hours: Full-time (35 hours per week)
Salary: Starting Salary $3010/mo.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Under the direction of the Reprographics Manager, the Printing Trades Specialist will perform a variety of duties in the preparation of report and document covers, stationery, mail pieces, brochures and other graphics art needs within the Pre-Press department. In addition, operates copying and bindery equipment.
Preflight files, and layout documents, for transcripts, committee hearing covers, stationery, brochures, mass mail, and similar printing orders;
Perform required typesetting and proofing for printing orders;
Design covers and documents as needed; (please note this is not a “Designer” position)
Assist in Bindery and other Reprographics departments as needed;
Typeset, proof, and frame Resolutions as needed;
Learn to operate copiers, power drills, stapling, punching, collating, mailing ,and binding equipment;
Complies with Assembly policies and rules as outlined in the Personnel Policy Manual; and
Does other related work as assigned.
Knowledge of /Ability to:
Creative Suite applications, primarily InDesign and Acrobat Professional
Knowledge of the English language in proofreading documents
Communicate clearly and concisely.
Establish and maintain cooperative relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
Work extended hours as necessary when legislative functions dictate
Move a variety of packages weighing up to 50lbs.
Stand at workstation as necessary to complete tasks
Assembly employment applications may be obtained from and submitted to:
Assembly Rules Committee
1020 N St., Suite 300
Sacramento, CA 95814
Attn: Maria Daniells
Filing Deadline: Wednesday July 30, 2014
PRIVATE OR GOVERNMENT SECTOR ANNOUNCEMENTS
Periodically, the Assembly Rules Committee receives information about job opportunities in private and other government sectors. You may contact these entities directly for more information.
To apply for a position, send a cover letter, your resume, and references to the address listed in the announcement. We will update this listing as new job announcements are provided to us.
Program Associate - Santa Monica, California
The Children’s Partnership (TCP) is seeking a highly motivated professional to fill the new position of Program Associate. The Program Associate will assist in shaping and implementing strategies in TCP’s program areas related to improving children’s health and well-being, with an initial focus on dental health and increasing access to health care through telehealth.
Salary: Commensurate with experience. Excellent health, retirement, and other benefits. Some travel required.
• Provide in-depth research and policy analysis related to children’s health.
• Track federal developments related to children’s health.
• Write high-quality briefs, memos, letters, electronic postings, and other materials to educate decision makers and advance policy agendas.
• Represent TCP in select external workgroups, meetings, briefings, and other venues to promote TCP goals and strategies.
• As relevant, help shape community-based pilot projects to improve children’s health and test the use of telehealth to bring care to children.
• Manage and coordinate select workgroups and coalitions related to improving dental health and promoting wider adoption of telehealth for children.
• Assist with research, strategic planning, advocacy, and writing in support of TCP’s other programs, as needed.
• Coordinate with TCP’s communications, development, and administrative teams.
• Participate in various internal program team and staff meetings.
• Expertise in health policy and children’s health issues, knowledge of federal and state health policy preferred.
• Excellent writing and research skills
• Strong project management skills
• Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously, while paying a high level of attention to detail.
• Strong oral communication and public speaking skills
• Ability to accurately and concisely summarize complex information for a broad range of audiences
• Ability to work effectively in a team and independently.
• Experience using social media
• Knowledge of issues related to health information technology, a plus.
E-mail resume, cover letter summarizing interests and qualifications, and brief writing sample to
email@example.com. Please state “Program Associate” in the e-mail subject line. No phone calls, please.