CALIFORNIA STATE ASSEMBLY
ASSEMBLY JOB POSTINGS
PRIVATE OR GOVERNMENT SECTOR ANNOUNCEMENTS
Periodically, the Assembly Rules Committee receives information about job opportunities in private and other government sectors. You may contact these entities directly for more information.
To apply for a position, send a cover letter, your resume, and references to the address listed in the announcement. We will update this listing as new job announcements are provided to us.
CALIFORNIA PRISON INDUSTRY AUTHORITY – CEA A
CHIEF EXTERNAL AFFAIRS
California Prison Industry Authority – CEA A, Chief External Affairs. Responsible for CALPIA’s information program, provides administrative leadership, direction, oversight, and coordination in the administration of the legislative, media, and other public relations programs and activities of CALPIA.
Salary Range - $6,173 - $8,874
Click on the following link to apply
EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT TO THE PRESIDENT AND CEO
The Silicon Valley Leadership Group, a public policy trade organization is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Executive Assistant to the President and CEO.
About the Silicon Valley Leadership Group
The Silicon Valley Leadership Group, founded in 1978 by David Packard of Hewlett-Packard, represents more than 375 of Silicon Valley's most respected employers. Leadership Group members collectively provide one of every three private sector jobs in Silicon Valley. The Silicon Valley Leadership Group is a proactive member-driven organization engaged on issues impacting both the economic health and quality of life in the Silicon Valley region, including housing, transportation, the environment, energy, education, taxation and economic vitality.
This position supports the President and CEO for the organization in collaboration with office colleagues. The scope of duties for the Executive Assistant to the President and CEO includes the following:
Scheduling Primary Point of Contact:
• Field all meeting requests
• Coordinate short and long range calendar goals and all logistics
• Organize and produce daily schedule
• Manage all travel arrangements and logistics such as President and CEO’s statewide duties, Board-related duties, and speech requests
• Liaison with members, assistants to member executives, and internally with colleagues and key stakeholders on mutual calendar goals
• Maintain detailed filing system for meeting support materials including membership, CEO one-on-ones, minutes as needed and other collateral with careful attention to deadlines
• Serve as advocate in working with Senior Advisor to President and CEO to maximize efficiencies in President and CEO’s time including protecting desk time
• Confirm all details are accurate in the calendar prior to meetings
• Responsible for reaching annual member Board and CEO one-on-one visit goals
• Partner with President and CEO as well as the Membership team on reaching goals through high priority new member visits and support material
Project Managing/Event Planning/Coordination:
Assist in special event planning, including:
• Produce meeting e-notices for member Executive Advisory Committee and Operations Committee meetings
• Secure relevant agenda and list of participants for conference calls and in person meetings hosted or attended by CEO and relevant collateral
• Coordinate on weekly radio talk show, "The CEO Show," including confirming speakers
Silicon Valley Leadership Group Operations
In addition to core duties above, all Leadership Group employees participate in and support organizational functions and events. Key roles for this position include: the annual Applied Materials "Silicon Valley Turkey Trot," annual San Francisco 49ers "Pasta Bowl" charity dinner, special city trips and participation in Leadership Group organizational events and meetings as appropriate, and may include some early morning and evening events and meetings.
Assist with personal needs including travel arrangements, vacations, outside appointments.
The successful candidate for this position will have the following characteristics:
• High attention to detail
• Extremely organized in thought and in practice
• Manage time well with competing priorities
• Have excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
• Self-starter; able to work independently and collaboratively
• Quickly develop a rapport with member company representatives, public officials and partner organizations
• Have some familiarity with Silicon Valley, local, state and federal public policy and business news-related events
• Comfortable attending and assisting President and CEO at larger and smaller sized events, forums and meetings
• Capable of working in team-oriented environment
The successful candidate for this position will have the following qualifications:
• A college degree – familiarity with Silicon Valley, California, U.S. and global business and political landscapes is a plus
• Have strong "office" skills – proficiency with office tools and technology, particularly Google and Office products
• Experience working in fast-paced environment
• Interest in public policy and non-profit work is a plus
This position is “at will” and the salary range for this position is $45,000 – $55,000, depending upon experience and qualifications.
The benefits package includes paid holidays and vacation, medical, dental, long term disability and life insurance coverage paid for employee, 401K plan participation after six month employment and VTA Ecopass.
To apply for this position, please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
CALIFORNIA STATE UNIVERSITY, SACRAMENTO
A Premier Metropolitan University, the Campus of Choice for
Students, Faculty, Staff, and the Community
TENURE-TRACK POSITION IN CALIFORNIA HISTORY
DEPARTMENT OF HISTORY
Beginning Fall Semester 2013
The link for the posting is